What I'm Reading Now

So, want to know what a Teen Services Librarian is reading? You've come to the right spot. Check out what Alissa has been reading and see what her opinions are on the books she's read. Have you read one of these titles? Post a comment and let others know what you think.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Dead Girls Don't Write Letters by Gail Giles

Sunny's older sister Jasmine (Jazz) has been presumed dead for several months after a fire destroyed her apartment building. Since the news, Sunny's family has fallen apart- her mother has become so depressed that she cannot complete the most basic tasks and her father drowns his problems in alcohol. Sunny manages to get it all in control and take care of her parents and herself. Amazingly, however, one day Sunny receives a letter from Jazz claiming that she is in fact alive and will be coming back home. A girl who looks, acts, moves, and even smells like Jazz soon follows. While everyone is desperate to believe this is Jazz, but Sunny is not so sure.

I've heard so much about Gail Giles and her works that I just had to pick up this book when I saw it on the reshelve cart the other day. I must say this book did not disappoint- until the end. The fast pace, great drama and suspense kept me interested and reading all the way through the book. The ending, however, came completely out of left field and ended up leaving more questions than were answered. I had to come back and check if there was a sequel, which unfortunately there does not seem to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home